Course in STATISTICAL PRACTICE IN EPIDEMIOLOGY USING R
STATISTICAL PRACTICE IN EPIDEMIOLOGY USING R
Tartu, Estonia, Fri 22nd - Wed 27th May 2015
Deadline for application: 15 April, 2015
The course is aimed at epidemiologists and statisticians who wish to use R for statistical modelling and analysis of epidemiological data.
The course requires basic knowledge of epidemiological concepts and study types. These will only be briefly reviewed, whereas the more advanced epidemiological and statistical concepts will be treated in depth.
History of R. Language. Objects. Functions.
Interface to other dataformats. Dataframes.
Tabulation of data.
Logistic regression for case-control-studies.
Poisson regression for follow-up studies.
Parametrization of models.
Graphics in R.
Graphical reporting of results.
Time-splitting & SMR.
Survival analysis in continuous time.
Nested and matched case-control studies.
Competing risk models.
The Epi package for epidemiological analysis in R will be introduced. The course will be mainly practically oriented with more than half the time at the computer.
- Martyn Plummer, Senior Statistician, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France. Member of the R core team.
- Janne Pitkäniemi, Chief Statistician, Finnish Cancer Registry, Helsinki, Finland & Department of Public Health, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
- Esa Läärä, Professor of Biometry, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Oulu, Finland.
- Krista Fischer, Senior researcher, Estonian Genome Center, University of Tartu, Estonia.
- Bendix Carstensen, Senior Statistician, Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte & Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, maintainer of the Epi package.
Price: 650 EUR (academic); 950 EUR (commercial)
The course is a self-supporting entity, and there are NO grants or stipends available for travel or participation.
Application: Send an e-mail which briefly states your qualifications in epidemiology and statistics, to the course organizers
Deadline: 15 April 2015
After the application deadline we will send you the information regarding the registration and accomodation.
Further information at: http://BendixCarstensen.com/SPE